LiveWire Privacy Notice
Last Revised: March 25th, 2022
Welcome to LiveWire.com (“Website”). LiveWire LLC (“LiveWire,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) owns and controls this Website. This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect, how we may process and disclose your personal data and identifies your options and rights with respect to the same. We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice each time you access or use our Website. LiveWire is a controller with respect to personal data.
“Personal data” is personal information you voluntarily provide us or information we automatically collect when you access our Website. Personal data includes information such as your name, email address, telephone number, IP address and other information that can be used to identify you.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
We may receive personal data from you in one or more of the following ways:
- When you access and use our Website. We receive your personal data when you contact us, submit a webform and/or when you use or access our Website.
- Social Media Platforms. If you are directed to our Website through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or another similar social media service (“Social Media Platform”), we may have access to the profile information associated with your Social Media Platform account. We may also be able to access information contained in Cookies placed on the device used to access and use the applicable Social Media Platform. “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies also allow websites to remember important information that will make your use more convenient.
- IP Address. We also collect your IP address when you visit or access our Website. We may use your IP address in order to determine whether certain requests are fraudulent or to verify your identity, and we may automatically cross-reference your IP address with your domain name. When accessing our Website from your personal network, your IP address and any associated domain name will be treated as personal data.
- Other Sources. We may also either collect or receive information about you from other sources including Service Providers, partners and publicly available sources of information.
COOKIES, TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
- Behavioral Advertising. We may participate in third-party behavioral advertising. This means that a third party may use technology to collect information about your use of our Website so that other parties can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. If you do not want third parties to collect and use your personal data in this manner, you may opt-out at the European Digital Advertising Alliance.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR USE
- How we use personal data.We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide you promotional information about our electric motorcycles, accessories and other information you may find interesting;
- to enhance our Website;
- to interact with you, respond to your comments and questions, send you notices, and/or advertisements;
- to prevent and/or detect fraud in order to protect the security of our Website;
- to comply with our legal obligations which may include cooperating with law enforcement and/or court orders; and
- to perform any other action deemed necessary by LiveWire to prevent misuse of our Website and to ensure the security and integrity of our Website.
- Legal basis. Our processing of your personal data is carried out pursuant to the following legal basis:
- the processing is necessary for us to provide you with the products and services you request or to respond to your inquiries;
- we have a legal obligation to process your personal data.
- we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following instances:
- to analyze and improve the safety and security of our Service, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards and protecting against fraud, spam, and other abuse;
- to maintain and improve our Website; and
- to operate our Website and provide you with information and communications about our products and services that are tailored to, and in accordance with, your personal preferences.
You have consented to our processing of your personal data. When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With Service Providers. We may share your personal data with third parties, such as processors and service providers who assist with supporting our business operations (“Service Providers”).
- With Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures or another affiliated company to assist with obligations, and/or to provide you with additional information about products and services.
- For Compliance with Laws and for Other Legitimate Business Purposes. We may share your personal data when: (i) we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law; (ii) needed to meet legitimate business purposes associated with corporate restructuring, change of control, merger or acquisition; (iii) to protect the integrity of our Website; and/or (iv) to defend or exercise our legal rights.
Personal data you provide directly to us through the Website is processed in the United States. Data protection laws in the United States are likely different from those of your home country. When you submit your personal data to us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in the United States in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom or as part of an onward transfer to one of our Service Providers, we will transfer the personal data to parties that provide appropriate safeguards for your personal data using an approved and valid personal data transfer mechanism, such as the European Union’s Standard Contractual Clauses or the United Kingdom’s International Data Transfer Agreement. If you want more information about how we transfer personal data, you may contact us using the information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Pursuant to the applicable Data Protection Legislation, you have the following data subject rights:
- the right to access the personal data that we maintain about you;
- the right to require us to correct your personal data;
- the right to the erasure of your personal data;
- the right to request that we stop processing your personal data;
- the right to not provide or to withdraw your consent at any time;
- the right to suspend the processing of your personal data;
- the right to transfer your personal data to yourself or to a third party; and
- the right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated decision making.
To exercise your rights, please contact using the information located in the Contacting Us section below. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but certainly within 30 days.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, although we comply with our legal obligations in respect of the security of your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We employ (and require our Service Providers to maintain) generally accepted standards of organizational, administrative, physical, procedural and technological measures designed to protect your personal data from improper loss or misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction during processing. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at the e-mail or postal mail address specified in the Contacting Us section below.
By providing us with your email address, you consent to receive emails from us. Such emails may include marketing, promotional and third-party related communications. You may opt out of these emails at any time by unsubscribing via the link provided in the applicable email communication.
Our Website is intended for adults who are of the legal age of majority in their jurisdictions. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with any personal data. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We take the security and privacy of the personal data that we collect pursuant to this Privacy Notice very seriously. Accordingly, we will implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of the information, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
We keep personal data for no longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data were collected or as required or permitted by applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the scope and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized access to, use of, or disclosure of personal data; the purposes for which we process personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data or take appropriate anonymization steps.
From time to time, we may change our Privacy Notice. When changes are made, a new version of the Privacy Notice will be posted on the Website. We will also update the “Last Revised” date at the top of the Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to any changes in our Privacy Notice you agree to stop using our Website. Your continued use of our Website constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have questions or complaints about how we use your personal data or about this Privacy Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or LiveWire Netherlands BV, Laan van Vredenoord 33, 2289 DA Rijswijk, Netherlands.